Our 1:1 Community Support aims to increase confidence and self-esteem of a person with a disability in the community. We work with each individual to help them understand and learn about independence, safety awareness and general life skills while feeling empowered and valued in the community.
We work with you to design a lifestyle that suits you.
- Acknowledging when goods/services need to be paid for and understanding the correct use of money
- Attempt or participate in group recreational activities that may be unfamiliar
- Develop and maintain relationships and socialise with peers & members of the community
- Connect with and access local community
- Engage in volunteer work or education
- Take part in exercise of choice to maintain/enhance health & wellbeing
- Have the opportunity & be supported to attend allied health supports & services
- Develop the knowledge & skills to independently travel on public transport
- Valuing and respecting our peers and accepting others opinions
Above are an outline of some goals we believe this service will help you to achieve. If you would like specific goals outside of these we are more than happy to work with you to set, develop and achieve your personal goals.