We offer specialised “On the Go Adventures” camps for individuals that have additional support requirements; our camps are fun, exciting and unique which provides participants with a sense of adventure and achievement.
Supporting our participants to achieve personal goals in an enjoyable and supportive environment while fostering social participation and independence. Each camp provides activities with a focus on independent living skills, social skills and community access.
Camps are designed with a person centred approach where participants will engage in a variety of skill building activities including teamwork, leadership development and active communication skills to achieve their personal goals.
We run monthly 2 night camps for all ages and also 1 night camps specifically for ‘Tweenagers’ aged 8 to 13.
Individuals will have the opportunity to try lots of activities at camp or in the community including flying fox, giant swing, archery, canoeing, swimming, orienteering, shopping, cooking and visiting local attractions.
2 night Camps for all ages
Location- YMCA Anglesea Recreation Camp
Date- Friday 12th – Sunday 14th March
1 night camps for 8 -1 3 year olds
Location- YMCA Lady Northcote
Date-27th – 28th March
2 Night Camps for all ages
- YMCA Anglesea Recreation Camp : Friday 12th – Sunday 14th March
- YMCA Camp Manyung : Friday 30th April – Sunday 2nd May
- YMCA Camp Manyung : Friday 21st – Sunday 23rd May
- Forest Edge CYC : Friday 18th – Sunday 20th June
- Urban / City Camp : Friday 16th – Sunday 18th July
- Snow camp – Howqua / Mt Buller : Friday 20th – Sunday 22nd August
- Snow camp – Howmans Gap Falls Creek : Thursday 19th – Sunday 22nd August
- Stringybark Lodge : Friday 10th – Sunday 12th September
- The Island – Philip Island : Friday 15th – Sunday 17th October
- The Summit – Trafalgar East : Friday 26th – Sunday 28th November
- YMCA Lake Dewar : Friday 10th – Sunday 12th December
‘Tweenagers’ 1 Night Camps for 8 -1 3 year olds
- YMCA Lady Northcote : 27th – 28th March
- YMCA Anglesea Recreation Camp: 15th- 16th May
- YMCA Lady Northcote : 5th – 6th June
- Urban Camp – Melbourne : 7th – 8th August
- Attempts or participates in all group recreational activities that are unfamiliar
- Be able to do more complex independent skills and move towards independent living
- Be able to do more complex self-care and move towards independent living
- Develop and Maintain relationships within a group setting and socialise with members of the community
- Engage in social interactions and general conversations
- Gain independence in basic independent living skills
- Gain independence in basic self-care and hygiene
- Take part in unfamiliar activities with encourages and reassurance.
- Participation in some group recreational activities that are unfamiliar
- Valuing and respecting our peers and accepting others opinions