3) These terms and conditions are governed by the law in force in the State of Victoria. In the event that a dispute arises from these Website Terms and Conditions, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.
4) You acknowledge and accept that the Y may change all or part of these terms and conditions at any time. We will notify you of any changes by publishing the revised terms and conditions on this website. Your subsequent or continued use of the website will constitute your acceptance of any such changes.
Use of our website by children under 18 years of age
7) This website is not designed for or directed at children under 18 years of age. It is our policy not to knowingly collect or record information about anyone under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian. Children 18 years of age or under visiting this website should ask their parent’s or guardian’s permission before sending any personal information. We recommend that parents use software or other tools by which they can ensure that their children’s use of the internet reflects their preferences, requirements and the law.
8) Information on this website is of a general nature. While the Y endeavours to take reasonable care in preparing and maintaining the content of this website, we do not warrant that its content is accurate, reliable or complete. Due to business developments the information on this website may change from time to time. To ensure that you receive the most up-to-date information you should not rely solely on statements or representations made on this website and should contact the Y directly as required using the contact details provided on this website.
9) The Y does not guarantee that this website will be free from viruses, or that your access to the website will be uninterrupted.
Limitation of liability
10) To the extent permitted by law, the Y excludes all liability for any loss or damage of any kind and however caused arising out of or in connection with the website content and the use or performance of this website.
11) This web site is protected by copyright laws, and is copyright property of The National Council of the YMCAs of Australia. You may download, display, print and reproduce this material in unaltered form only (retaining this notice) for your personal, non-commercial use. Apart from any use as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, you may not, in any form or by any means:
- a) adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this web site; or
- b) commercialise any information, products, logos or services obtained from any part of this web site, without the written permission of YMCA Whittlesea
12) This web site contains trademarks of YMCA Whittlesea. Any reproduction or use of any of the content on this site, without the express written consent of YMCA Whittlesea or unless expressly authorised by law, is prohibited.
13) If you use any of YMCA Whittlesea trade marks to refer to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing those trade marks to us.
14) You must not use any of our trademarks:
a) in or as the whole or part of your own trademarks;
b) in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
c) in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or
d) in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or
Unsubscribing from our mailing lists
16) Marketing and promotional emails we send also contain instructions about how to unsubscribe.
Using our online services
17) The Y may request certain personal information from you to enable you to perform certain functions online (such as commenting on our blog). If you do not provide the information we request, we may be unable to permit you to perform those functions.
Third party websites
18) The Y website may contain links to other websites operated, controlled or produced by third parties. The Y does not control, endorse or approve any such third party websites or their content and does not provide any warranty or take any responsibility whatsoever for any aspect of those websites or their content.
19) You must not hack into, change or otherwise interfere with the operation of this website or any information contained within it.